T4 Twinscroll + 1.22 A/R + 3" V-band
Straight out of the BWTS lab and brand new for 2014 is BorgWarner's 57mm S200SX FMW turbo – their latest evolution of the proven and incredibly durable Airwerks S200 turbocharger lineup. This unique turbo borrows the compressor wheel from EFR7670 with similar 70mm turbine wheel blade aero. Ideal for responsive street driven vehicles as well as road racing and time attack applications this 76mm compressor delivers early spool with a healthy 64lb/min max compressor flow rate.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 76mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 57.2mm
- Max Flow Rate: 64 lb/min
- Compressor Housing Connections: [list] [*]Inlet: 4.0" Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.0" Hose Coupler
BW uses their proven 70mm Inconel turbine wheel as the optimal match for the 57.2mm inducer / 76mm exducer FMW compressor. This turbo uses the mid-size EFR ported-shroud compressor housing, great for fitment in cramped engine bays. An excellent fit for use in single turbo applications for the 400-600hp range (up to 2.6L), or as twin turbo applications 800-1200+hp, this turbo is available as Journal Bearing oil-cooled configuration only and available in a variety of different turbine housings.
- Turbine Type: High Efficiency S200SX Inconel Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 70mm
- Max warm oil pressure: 5 bar (73.5psi)
- Max cold oil pressure: 8 bar (118psi)
- When starting a fresh engine build or in extremely cold climates - oil pressure must reach 0.5bar (7.2psi) within 4 seconds maximum.
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT until full operating oil pressure is present
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT if any boost leaks are present (this can result in turbocharger overspeed)