Much like many other factory parts in your engine, the crank pulley is a wear-item with a shelf-life. The rubber pieces in the factory damper can deteriorate over time, causing a failure that could result in pistons hitting the valves, and destroying your engine. Also, factory crank pulleys were designed to operate at a certain speed and maximum rpm. When racing an engine, we often rev it higher than it was designed to from the factory, pushing many of the factory parts past their design criteria closer to failure.
For this reason, many sanctioned race classes require an "SFI Approved" crank pulley/damper, and will not even allow factory crank pulleys through inspection.
The patented ATI Super Damper is the only damper designed exclusively for high performance engines.
- Eliminates torsional crankshaft vibrations
- Exceeds SFI 18.1 specs
- Black zinc chromate finished
- OEM equipment on 392 Mopar Crate Engines
- Tunable, rebuildable, and extremely efficient at ALL RPM
- Laser engraved 360° timing marks
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for this item to ship