Kraftwerks BRZ/FRS/FT86 Supercharger System w/C38-81 w/out Tuning
-Compatible with both Manual and Automatic Transmission.
-Larger head unit C38-81 is capable of 500+ WHP with supporting mods.
-Does not include shipping.
-Does not include tuning.
-Does NOT include EcuTek Cable or License.
-Includes 4 Bar Map Sensor
-Does NOT include Base Map.
Kraftwerks is pleased to announce the release of a brand new intercooled supercharger system for the new Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S. At the heart of the new system is the larger head unit option Rotrex C38-81, which is the same supercharger used in the extremely successful Kraftwerks 2000-2009 Honda S2000 system. The 38-81 is the larger head unit option, an upgrade from the C30-94. The C38-81 allows for 500+ WHP.
At 9psi of boost pressure, the supercharger system produced an impressive +90whp on 91-octane through the OEM headers and exhaust, and +125whp on E85 through Skunk2 headers and exhaust. More impressive is the linear power curve throughout the entire power band due to the patented traction drive technology, which transmits power through friction forces between its rolling elements.
Rotrex C38-81 Supercharger Unit
• Plenty room for HP growth allowing 500+ WHP
• Ultra high efficiency
• Silent operation
• Low operating temperatures
• Self contained lubrication and cooling system
• High reliability
Independent Drive System
• Does not share belt with engine accessories for greater reliability
• If the drive belt breaks, you won’t be left stranded
• Allows for more flexible offset supercharger placement
Toothed Belt System
• Zero slip under the heaviest loads and hardest accelerations
• Low belt tension eliminates radial load on supercharger nose bearing, thus improving reliability
Offset Supercharger Placement
• Allows for greater clearance around belts, thus reducing chances for rubbing
• Allows for simple and more efficient tubing layout
• No poorly designed, inefficient and goofy-looking custom hoses/tubing into the throttle body
• Allows for a single shot from the ‘cold air’ intake section of the front bumper
Cold Air Intake
• Filter location in front of the radiator in the ‘cold air’ section inside the front bumper
• Minimum 20°F cooler intake temperatures under the hood
• Dual bolt patterns on the mounting plate allow enthusiast to easily upgrade to the larger Rotrex
supercharger head units capable of up to 700bhp
Optimized Tubing and Intercooler Layout
• 2.5” mandrel bent aluminum hot side tubing into intercooler made possible because of newly designed
washer bottle (included)
• 3.0” mandrel bent aluminum cold side tubing into throttle body made possible because of independent drive
and offset supercharger configuration
• 11-row high efficiency intercooler
• Lower intake air temperatures than all other systems
• Intercooler good up to 460whp
Ease of Installation and Tuning
• Simple bolt-on installation. No cutting, drilling, or welding
• 8 hours installation time (approximate)
• Includes OE Denso MAP sensor for more precise speed density tuning conversion.