Radium Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit for Crank Case Vent Line - 08-09 Mitsubishi EVO X
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance. Unlike many catch cans on the market, this catch can features an integrated oil separator that accelerates oil condensation. This cleans the PCV gasses and reduces the oil build-up on the inside of the intake tract and intake manifold and intercooler.The stainless steel filtration media is cleanable and reuseable. The catch cans act as a filter and collect the oil and other sludge and keep it out of vital engine components. They do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems route clean filtered air back in through the engine to be burned and to promote negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors into the cabin.
The Crankcase Catch Can Kit installs immediately underneath the LH strut tower and plumbs in-line with the crankcase vent hose. This is the hose that connects from the port on the valve cover to the turbo air intake pipe. During low engine loads, this hose experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience vacuum and would normally be drawing unwanted crankcase vapors, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the air filter intake pipe, turbocharger compressor, etc. For instance. if you are finding oil accumulation stuck in the intercooler, this catch can is a necessity as oil will lower the thermal efficiency properties of the heat exchange process. Below is a picture of the crankcase vent catch can kit with the strut bar in place.
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake or intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
- Radium billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Radium laser cut powder coated application specific mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum hose ends and adapter fittings
- Rubber hose to mate to custom applications
- Stainless steel mounting hardware