Radium Engineering Dual Oil Catch Can Kit - 2010 Mitsubishi EVO X
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance. Unlike many catch cans on the market, this catch can features an integrated oil separator that accelerates oil condensation. This cleans the PCV gasses and reduces the oil build-up on the inside of the intake tract and intake manifold and intercooler.The stainless steel filtration media is cleanable and reuseable. The catch cans act as a filter and collect the oil and other sludge and keep it out of vital engine components. They do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems route clean filtered air back in through the engine to be burned and to promote negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors into the cabin.
For the ultimate in engine protection, Radium recommends the Dual catch can kit. This Dual catch can kit utilizes both the "crankcase vent" catch can and "PCV" catch can. The "crankcase vent" catch can kit runs inline with the 1/2" valve cover breather port. At low loads it experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience vacuum and would normally be drawing unwanted crankcase vapors, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the air filter intake pipe. If the engine is turbocharged or supercharged and you are finding oil accumulation stuck in the intercooler, this catch can is a necessity as oil will lower the thermal efficiency properties of the heat exchange process. The "PCV" catch can kit runs inline with the 3/8" PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve. When the intake manifold pressure is close to or greater than atmospheric pressure, the PCV "check" valve closes and, thus, this hose experiences no flow. Conversely, the PCV hose will experience "metered" vacuum when the engine is idling, steady state cruising, and decelerating. This would normally draw unwanted crankcase vapor, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the intake manifold immediately after a high load run.
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake or intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
- Radium billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Radium laser cut powder coated S2000 specific mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum -8AN hose ends and adapter fittings
- Enough 1/2" PCV rubber hose to mate to custom applications
- Vacuum and heater hose to eliminate OEM metal hard tube loom
- Stainless steel mounting hardware