Radium Engineering Catch Can PCV Line Kit - 03-07 Mitsubishi EVO 8/9
The PCV Catch Can Kit installs immediately underneath the RH strut tower and plumbs in-line with the PCV hose. When the intake manifold pressure is close to or greater than atmospheric pressure, the PCV "check" valve closes and, thus, this hose experiences no flow. Conversely, the PCV hose will experience "metered" vacuum when the engine is idling, steady state cruising, and decelerating. This would normally draw unwanted crankcase vapor, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the intake manifold immediately after a high load run. Note: Because the Radium catch cans are pressure sealed, they are great for boosted applications as well so connecting to the intake manifold is permitted and will withstand any boost level. Below is a picture of the PCV catch can kit with the strut bar removed for clarity.
- Billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Laser cut powder coated RH mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum hose ends and adapter fittings
- Enough black PCV hose for custom applications
- Stainless steel mounting hardware