- **Great addition to the IBR Intake Manifold Kit for FA20 WRX**
- Increases power and torque in mid to high RPM range
- CNC machined base plates with tapered velocity stacks
- Designed from OEM CAD data
- Adds NPT ports
- Made in the USA, at Racer X Fabrication
The Racer X Fabrication intake manifold for the 2013+ Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ / Toyota GT86 is designed to increase horsepower and torque. The manifold increases power from the mid to high RPM range with gains as high as 11 whp and 12 ft/lbs of torque. This was achieved using a stock engine with no other modifications besides a drop in panel filter and the use of the stage 1 tuning from an open flash tablet.
This manifold is the culmination of 6 previous prototypes, multiple dyno pulls and months of design, machining and testing. The testing can be viewed on our intake manifold development blog. Our final product produces better horsepower and torque when compared to the OEM manifold, which allows for decreased lap times and a little bit more fun.
The intake manifold starts with our CNC machined cylinder head flanges that are designed from the OE CAD data and modified to increase air flow. The flanges work with the OEM fuel rails or aftermarket fuel rails. We use separate mounting brackets that allow for simple installation or disassembly of the fuel rails. The runners are mandrel bent and formed to match the cylinder head flanges and base plates at the plenum. The plenum is made from 5052 aluminum and formed to meet the base plates, as well as the throttle body flange. At the back of the plenum there are 4 NPT ports for vacuum reference. The base plates features tapered velocity stacks to increase air speed and smooth airflow into the runners. The complete manifold is TIG welded, and uses common size O-ring seals for the flanges and throttle body.
- (1) Racer X intake manifold
- (1) 1/8" NPT plug
- (1) 1/8" NPT hose barb
- (1) 1/4” NPT to 3/8" hose barb
- (1) 1/4” NPT to 1/2" hose barb
- (2) Injector mount brackets and hardware
- Increasing the length of the throttle body wiring harness (or using our plug and play harness extension)
- Requires tuning, OFT stage 1 or equivalent
- Modifying the air intake pipe to work with new throttle body placement
- By passing coolant loop through OEM throttle body