GrimmSpeed designed this Up Pipe using thier in-house FARO Arm along with the latest and greatest Solidworks CAD software. This assures that GrimmSpeed can offer you the most precise and best fitting Up Pipe on the market. In short, OEM exhaust manifold pieces are inconsisent so GrimmSpeed used reverse engineering hardware/software to scan countless OEM pieces to determine the range of best fitments for thier aftermarket pipe. This allows GrimmSpeed to be very confident that your flanges will be leak free and the Up Pipe will fit nicely. GrimmSpeed's Up Pipe has been made with beefy local raw materials. The flex joint is 321 Stainless Steel with an Interlocking Liner and tubing is a heavy duty 14 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel(competitors use thinner 16 GA) that has been CNC Mandrel Bent and finished up with a nice brushed finish. GrimmSpeed's flanges are made out of 1/2" 304 Stainless Steel and are fully machined on all sides(competitors typically just laser cut flanges for cost reductions). GrimmSpeed also put a nice bevel on the edge of the flange so you don't cut yourself. You're welcome. The insides of the flanges are "cut-back" to allow the pipe to rest inside the flange which gives you a nice flush mating surface thus allowing optimal flow through the pipe. Heck, they started as a Porting company afterall they take pride in exhaust flow quality through thier pipes. All fabrication is completed by in house Welder/Fabricator who is certified in Aerospace Welding...yeah, he knows his stuff. A bit of overkill using an Aerospace Welder you say? Well the Up Pipe is put through some very harsh environments so GrimmSpeed wanted the best for the job.
- Flow Bench Results vs. OEM at 28" WC
- OEM Catless - 244.6 CFM
- OEM Catted - 164.7 CFM
- GrimmSpeed - 292.6 CFM
- Spool Up - Application specific but generally you will see 300-400rpm quicker spool up
- HP Increase - Application specific but generally you will see 8-10HP increase
- Gaskets Included - Heavy Duty GrimmSpeed Gaskets
- Flex Joint - 321 Stainless Steel "Tuned-Bellow"
- Tubing Thickness- 14 Gauge Piping Thickness - 33% thicker than most competitors
- Pipe to Flange Connection - Cut-Back flange allows much smoother connection. Piping is ported flush with flange so there is no step into the pipe.
- Flanges - 1/2" 304 Stainless Steel CNC Milled - All 3 sides are milled for precise tolerances in manufacturing
- Black ceramic coating
- Reduce turbo lag