New to DBA is the Symmetrical T-slot rotors.
The Kangaroo Paw system doesn’t use traditional vanes – it uses a series of diamond shaped pillars to promote greater airflow. The holes now need to be positioned next to these pillars. In a manufacturing sense this is more complex, but from a buyer’s point of view it gives a disc that is stronger as well as better cooled. Each hole is chamfered or ‘radiused’ around its opening to reduce pad abrasion and provide a smooth transition between hole and friction area.
2-piece rotors allow the brakes to dissipate heat much better, allowing for harder and more aggressive braking consistently.
- Patented ‘Kangaroo Paw’ ventilation design* provides greater heat dissipation
- Alumalite centre / hat / bell made from light-weight 6061-T6 aircraft aluminium material (re-useable)
- XG150 High Carbon Alloyed Iron increases the thermal capacity properties of the rotor
- Tri-Symmetrical T3 Slot design dampens the vibration harmonics resulting in a quieter, responsive and a further improvement of brake pedal feel when compared to the T2 slot design
- TSP (Thermal Stability Profiling) prolongs the service life of the rotor. This process is only applied to HEAVY DUTY, T3 4X4 and CLUBSPEC rotors containing XG-150 high carbon alloyed iron
- Replacement disc rotors available (without aluminium centre)