The ATS Metal Clutch is a high performance clutch which covers all driving stages from street to racing competitions.
The ATS metal clutch is manufactured with the extensive experiences ATS had in the performance drive train industry. Utilizing a 9 inch (230mm) diameter metal clutch disc, the torque capacity has been significantly raised and the cushioning disc design ensures the very smooth engagement. From the disc to a tiny bolt, all ATS parts are carefully selected to meet ATS's high standard of quality. In the process of manufacturing, extra attention is paid to ensure the clutch is very light without increasing vibration levels and without sacrificing its structural strength. From an ATS single to triple clutch, the ATS metal clutch generates superior shift feel with excellent performance and durability.
In 2012 November, with the change to the center hub design, we have expanded the application dramatically.
There is a general perception that the engagement of a metal clutch (especially multi plate metal clutch) is hash and not very streetable. Our metal clutch has been evolving and the current one can provide a very smooth engagement very close to carbon clutch.
Carbon can offer the soft engagement from its material characteristics. On the other hand, our metal disc offers a smooth engagement from ingenious design. Our metal disc is not pure flat and is designed to work a kind of cushion when the disc is engaged against the metal plate. We named it "Cushioning disc".
ATS Metal Clutch features
* Outstanding torque delivery from the 9 inch diameter friction disc
* Rated horse power – Single up to 400 hp, Twin up to 750 hp, & Triple up to 1,100 hp
* A super light clutch disc insures excellent clutch response and shift feeling
* The high precision manufacturing process reduces operational vibration to a minimum
* The Single Metal Clutch is named the “ 9 inch magnum” and boasts one of the lightest total weight among our competition.