BMW M3 - 11.1 lbs
- ACT engineers XACT flywheels using the latest CAD and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software to evaluate all design alternatives for the best results possible.
- ACT demands tight tolerances for fit, concentricity and parallelism so flywheels have an exact fit onto the crankshaft and operate smoothly even at extremely high RPM.
- Offer excellent heat capacity because they maintain adequate material behind the friction surface.
- ACT flywheels are lighter, stronger and safer than stock cast flywheels to meet the needs of both the enthusiast and hard-core racer.
- One-piece construction allows fewer opportunities for failure and provides uniform, efficient heat transfer from the clutch disc. No more warped inserts or loose ring gears.
- Integral ring gear permits more weight reduction where it matters most and eliminates the chance of gear breakage or separation from the flywheel.
- Ring gears are cut with lead-in chamfers for better starter engagement and prevention against rounding off gear teeth.
- Material is properly distributed for maximum strength, lower inertia, good heat tolerance and rigidity.
- ACT strategically slots XACT Prolite flywheels to reduce inertia without sacrificing strength and heat dissipation.
- ACT heat treats the entire forging for strength and toughness, and induction hardens ring gears for longest gear life.
- All flywheels are CNC-machined and dynamically computer balanced for smooth, high RPM reliability.
- XACT flywheels are certified as meeting SFI Spec. 1.1. XACT flywheels are legal for competition in all racing organizations where SFI certification is required.